Saturday, August 18, 2007

lonesome tonight

listening to: 'the promise' - tracy chapman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISSTz1xxdRw

Together again
It would feel so good to be
In your arms
Where all my journeys end
If you can make a promise
If it's one that you can keep
I vow to come for you
If you wait for me and say you'll hold
A place for me in your heart.
sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. but really what i'm saying is, it's always there. i have just learned how to hide it sometimes. but the unfortunate part of that wee deal is this: you can't hide from yourself. you can't pretend to be one thing when you know you're not really. facades are facades because there is always at least one person who knows the truth.


it isn't that i am longing for one person specifically, although the time with him was when i've been at my truly happiest. if that's even a correct, gramatically or otherwise, phrase. but i knew - correction: thought i knew - i had someone there to talk to, whether the conversation was mundane or soulsearching. i haven't reached a point yet where i'm comfortable soulsearching on my own. but perhaps that is the point: maybe i have some work to do before i can meet someone who makes me feel like i used to.
i'm so sick of being the lonely one. sooo sick of it. why are the people who don't care about love [etc] the ones who have it? why can't i have someone to talk to? my friends are fantastic. but the thing with all of them is, they all have someone who they can claim as their "significant other". but who am i significant to??
i'm tired of going to bed at night, lying there alone, wishing i had somebody to talk to... and i'm tres tired of crying over something as stupid as this dumb blog.

1 comment:

PM said...

ok,this is my address
peter.marchetti@hotmail.it
write me soon